Police investigate possible link of Daddy Yankee concert guests with shootout in front of the Choliseo

Some people will lie to themselves and others by falsely claiming that living in Puerto Rico is like living in paradise.  Senseless shootings are not a hallmark of living in paradise.

https://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/seguridad/nota/loquesabemosdelabalaceraenelcoliseodepuertorico-2533908

Police investigate possible link of Daddy Yankee concert guests with shootout in front of the Choliseo. 


The authorities confirmed that they investigate all the angles related to the event
Sunday, December 8, 2019 – 4:58 PM
By Leysa Caro González
Authorities will increase security measures for Daddy Yankee’s concert.

After circulating in social networks versions that point to the shooting of hitmen against the Colosseum of Puerto Rico could be a message or a warning against one of the exponents of urban music invited by Daddy Yankee to the function on Saturday, police said who will investigate this or other information that can help identify the reasons and responsible for the incident.

“When violent events arise everything is investigated. Whatever comes to us, everything, and we are corroborating and discarding information, ”said Lt. Col. Jose Juan Garcia, San Juan area commander, during a press conference held today from the headquarters, in Hato Rey.

At the moment, he said, there is no theory about what motivated the shooting. “That would be to speculate. What we have reported so far is an incident where there was no clientele as such from the coliseum … there were no people in the place and we understand that (the attack) was directed against the property, ”said the officer.
Look at the destruction left by the shooting in the Puerto Rico Coliseum

Some strangers fired this morning against the Coliseum of Puerto Rico, in Hato Rey.

The authorities picked up about 130 bullet shells at the scene.

The front windows of the entertainment venue were destroyed.

Employees were finishing breaking them this morning and then replacing them with new ones.

Precisely, the shooting happened a few hours after the end of the reggaeton concert Daddy Yankee.

Agents from the San Juan Investigation Corps were in the area interviewing staff.

According to the preliminary police report, a security guard saw when a white vehicle approached and hence the detonations were made.

Police occupied 61 AR-14 rifle caliper caps.

Bullet impacts were also received on the stairs.

Authorities learned of the incident by calling 9-1-1.

On Sunday night, Daddy Yankee is expected to hold his fourth show.

At about 1:00 p.m. The replacements for the shot glass arrived.

There are also no threats against the private administration of the public facility, Garcia said, which was also confirmed by the general manager of the Colosseum, Eduardo Cajina. “We have no threat information against those who manage that property, which is currently a private corporation or against any person. We say that (the attack) arises against the property because it is what we have so far there, some bullet impacts in the front area of ​​the building, ”Garcia said.

“What we have so far is that in the morning hours, two or three individuals … stop in a vehicle there, supposedly a white vehicle, and from the avenue they shoot towards the structure,” added the officer.

The shooting against the structure was recorded around 4:00 a.m. from today. In the place 130 bullet shells of .40, .223 caliber (AR15 rifle) and 7.62 (AK47 rifle) were recovered. For the bullet caliber occupied, the Police presume that the shots could have been caused by three individuals traveling in a white vehicle, according to preliminary information collected during the investigation.

Likewise, he added, they work on the occupation of the videos of the colosseum, as well as the adjacent structures, for analysis. “We are investigating the case … locating different areas, different angles on the tracks, trying to obtain videos to see if we identify information that we have related to a vehicle,” Garcia said.

He did not rule out that some of the exponents who participated last night at the concert are interviewed by the Uniformed. Yesterday, Yankee had Anuel AA and Ozuna invited. The first, served a federal sentence of 30 months for possession of weapons. He was released in May 2018.

Meanwhile, relatives of trap singer Kevin Fret, who was shot last January 10 in Santurce, have linked Ozuna with the murder. After his death, it transpired that the trap singer and Ozuna had had previous conflicts over extortion from the murdered young man. Subsequently, Ozuna acknowledged that he was the victim of an alleged extortion by Fret and that he appeared before the authorities in 2017, but then gave up submitting a complaint.

Ozuna has denied any relationship with the murder.

///

Policía investiga posible vínculo de invitados del concierto de Daddy Yankee con balacera frente al Choliseo

Las autoridades confirmaron que investigan todos los ángulos relacionados al suceso

domingo, 8 de diciembre de 2019 – 4:58 PM

Current Time 13:30
Duration 21:34

Las autoridades aumentarán las medidas de seguridad para el concierto de Daddy Yankee.

Tras circular en las redes sociales versiones que apuntan a que los disparos hechos por sicarios contra el Coliseo de Puerto Rico podrían ser un mensaje o una advertencia contra uno de los exponentes de música urbana invitados por Daddy Yankee a la función del sábado, la Policía dijo que investigará esta u otra información que pueda ayudar a identificar los motivos y responsables del incidente.

Cuando surgen eventos violentos todo se investiga. Lo que nos llegue a nosotros, todo, y nosotros vamos corroborando y descartando informaciones”, indicó el teniente coronel José Juan García, comandante de área de San Juan, durante una conferencia de prensa celebrada hoy desde el Cuartel General, en Hato Rey.

Al momento, dijo, no hay una teoría sobre qué motivó la balacera. “Eso sería especular. Lo que nosotros tenemos reportado hasta ahora es un incidente donde ya no había clientela como tal del coliseo…no había personas en el lugar y entendemos que (el ataque) fue dirigido contra la propiedad”, sostuvo el oficial.

Tampoco existen amenazas contra la administración privada de la instalación pública, dijo García, lo que también fue confirmado por el gerente general del coliseo, Eduardo Cajina. “No tenemos información de amenaza alguna contra los que manejan esa propiedad que, actualmente, es una corporación privada ni contra persona alguna. Decimos que (el ataque) surge contra la propiedad porque es lo que tenemos hasta ahora allí, unos impactos de bala en el área frontal del edificio”, expuso García.

“Lo que tenemos hasta ahora es que en horas de la madrugada, dos o tres individuos…se detienen en un vehículo allí, supuestamente un vehículo blanco, y desde la avenida disparan hacia la estructura”, agregó el oficial.

La balacera contra la estructura se registró cerca de las 4:00 a.m. de hoy. En el lugar se recuperaron 130 casquillos de bala de calibre .40, .223 (rifle AR15) y 7.62 (rifle AK47). Por los calibres de bala ocupados, la Policía presume que los disparos pudieran haber sido ocasionados por tres individuos que viajaban en un vehículo color blanco, según la información preliminar recopilada durante la investigación.

Igualmente, agregó, trabajan en la ocupación de los vídeos del coliseo, así como de las estructuras adyacentes, para su análisis. “Estamos en la investigación del caso…ubicando distintas áreas, distintos ángulos en las vías, tratando de obtener vídeos para ver si se identifica una información que tenemos relacionada a un vehículo”, dijo García.No descartó que algunos de los exponentes que participaron anoche en el concierto sean entrevistados por la Uniformada. Ayer, Yankee tuvo de invitados a Anuel AA y a Ozuna. El primero, cumplió una condena a nivel federal de 30 meses por posesión de armas. Salió libre en mayo de 2018.

Mientras, familiares del cantante de trap Kevin Fret, quien fuera baleado el pasado 10 de enero en Santurce, han vinculado a Ozuna con el asesinato. Tras su muerte, trascendió que el cantante de trap y Ozuna habían tenido conflictos previos por una extorsión de parte del joven asesinado. Posteriormente, Ozuna reconoció que fue víctima de una supuesta extorsión por parte de Fret y que llegó a comparecer ante las autoridades en 2017, pero luego desistió de someter una denuncia.

Ozuna ha negado relación alguna con el asesinato.

///

https://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/seguridad/nota/lostiroteosllevanunmensajeenelbajomundo-2533938

The shootings carry a message in the underworld
The shootings against the Colosseum and a recording studio are aimed at intimidating someone, experts said

Sunday, December 8, 2019 – 5:28 PM
By Keila López Alicea
Puerto Rico Coliseum José Miguel Agrelot. (Xavier J. Araújo Berríos)

The bullets that were fired this morning against the Puerto Rico Coliseum José Miguel Agrelot, in Hato Rey, and hours later against the study of the reggaeton producer Raphy Pina, in Caguas, carry a clear message in the underworld, in the opinion of two experts in Criminal Justice and Law.

///

Los tiroteos llevan un mensaje en el bajo mundo

Las balaceras contra el Coliseo y un estudio de grabación van dirigidas a intimidar a alguien, señalaron expertos

domingo, 8 de diciembre de 2019 – 5:28 PM

Coliseo de Puerto Rico José Miguel Agrelot. (Xavier J. Araújo Berríos)

Las balas que fueron disparadas esta madrugada contra el Coliseo de Puerto Rico José Miguel Agrelot, en Hato Rey, y horas más tarde contra el estudio del productor de reguetón Raphy Pina, en Caguas, llevan un mensaje claro en el bajo mundo, a juicio de dos expertos en Justicia Criminal y Derecho.

/////////

 

https://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/seguridad/nota/loquesabemosdelabalaceraenelcoliseodepuertorico-2533908/

What we know about the shooting at the Colosseum in Puerto Rico
The strangers made over 100 shots against the structure hours after Daddy Yankee’s concert at the Puerto Rico Coliseum José Miguel Agrelot

Sunday, December 8, 2019 – 3:40 PM

By ELNUEVODIA.COM
The shooting, of which no one was injured, occurred at about 4:00 a.m., a few hours after the third performance of the reggaeton Daddy Yankee concerts “With Calma pa’l Choli”.

Who fired this morning against the Puerto Rico Coliseum José Miguel Agrelot?

This is a question that still has no answer, but below we present what we do know at the moment about the shooting shocked the country this morning.

1. A call to the 9-1-1 Emergency System alerted the authorities at 4:00 a.m. about detonations at the José Miguel Agrelot Coliseum in Puerto Rico, in Hato Rey.

2. The shooting occurred almost four hours after the end of reggaeton Daddy Yankee’s third performance.

3. When the authorities arrived at the scene, they found 130 bullet shells of different sizes.

4. The caps were .40, 2.23 and 7.62, the last ones correspond to long weapons.

5. The walls, stairs and windows were hit.

6. The crystals of the structure received 45 to 50 bullet impacts. It is not yet known who or who made the shots.

7. A security guard told authorities that when the shooting occurred he saw a white vehicle approaching from which the shots were fired. He noted that there was a person, but could not identify him.

8. The colonel of the San Juan Area Command, José Juan García, said that the Criminal Investigation Corps indicated that it will increase police security at the site.

9. The general manager of the Choliseo, Eduardo Cajina also said it will increase security.

10. Daddy Yankee, who confirmed in his social networks that tonight’s presentation is still standing at 7:30 p.m.

11. The Criminal Investigation Corps will occupy the security cameras of the Colosseum as well as those near the site.

12. The Police have not identified potential suspects.

13. No one was injured.

14. The security measures to enter the Colosseum will not change.
Look at the destruction left by the shooting in the Puerto Rico Coliseum

1/12

Some strangers fired this morning against the Coliseum of Puerto Rico, in Hato Rey.

The authorities picked up about 130 bullet shells at the scene.

The front windows of the entertainment venue were destroyed.

Employees were finishing breaking them this morning and then replacing them with new ones.

Precisely, the shooting happened a few hours after the end of the reggaeton concert Daddy Yankee.

Agents from the San Juan Investigation Corps were in the area interviewing staff.

According to the preliminary police report, a security guard saw when a white vehicle approached and hence the detonations were made.

Police occupied 61 AR-14 rifle caliper caps. (Luis Alcalá del Olmo)

Bullet impacts were also received on the stairs. (Luis Alcalá del Olmo)

Authorities learned of the incident by calling 9-1-1. (Luis Alcalá del Olmo)

On Sunday night, Daddy Yankee is expected to hold his fourth show. (Luis Alcalá del Olmo)

    At about 1:00 p.m. The replacements for the shot glass arrived. (Luis Alcalá del Olmo)

///

Lo que sabemos de la balacera en el Coliseo de Puerto Rico

Los desconocidos realizaron sobre 100 disparos contra la estructura horas después del concierto de Daddy Yankee en el Coliseo de Puerto Rico José Miguel Agrelot

domingo, 8 de diciembre de 2019 – 3:40 PM

Por ELNUEVODIA.COM

El tiroteo, del cual nadie resultó herido, ocurrió a eso de las 4:00 a.m., pocas horas después que acabara la tercera función de los conciertos del reguetonero Daddy Yankee “Con Calma pa’l Choli”.

¿Quién disparó esta madrugada contra el Coliseo de Puerto Rico José Miguel Agrelot?

Esta es una pregunta que aún no tiene respuesta, pero a continuación te presentamos lo que sí sabemos al momento sobre el tiroteo conmocionó al país esta mañana.

1. Una llamada al Sistema de Emergencia 9-1-1 alertó a las autoridades a las 4:00 a.m. sobre unas detonaciones en el Coliseo de Puerto Rico José Miguel Agrelot, en Hato Rey.

2. El tiroteo ocurrió a casi cuatro horas de que acabara la tercera función del reguetonero Daddy Yankee.

3. Cuando las autoridades llegaron al lugar, encontraron 130 casquillos de bala de diferentes calibres.

4. Los casquillos fueron de .40, 2.23 y 7.62, los últimos corresponden a armas largas.

5. Las paredes, las escaleras y los cristales recibieron los impactos.

6. Los cristales de la estructura recibieron de 45 a 50 impactos de bala. Aún no se sabe quién o quiénes realizaron los disparos.

7. Un guardia de seguridad contó a las autoridades que cuando ocurrió el tiroteo vio acercarse un vehículo blanco desde el cual se hicieron los disparos. Observó que había una persona, pero no pudo identificarla.

8. El coronel de la Comandancia del área de San Juan, José Juan García, adelantó que el Cuerpo de Investigaciones Criminales indicó que aumentará la seguridad policiaca en el lugar.

9. El gerente general del Choliseo, Eduardo Cajina también indicó que aumentará la seguridad.

10. Daddy Yankee, quien confirmó en sus redes sociales que se mantiene en pie la presentación de esta noche a las 7:30 p.m.

11. El Cuerpo de Investigaciones Criminales ocupará las cámaras de seguridad del Coliseo así como las que están cerca del lugar.

12. La Policía no tiene identificado a los posibles sospechosos.

13. Nadie resultó herido.

14. Las medidas de seguridad para entrar al Coliseo no cambiarán.

///

https://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/seguridad/nota/pierluisiproponetraerpoliciasretiradosparaatenderlasituacioncriminalenelpais-2533892

Pierluisi proposes to bring retired police officers to deal with the criminal situation in the country
The candidate for governorship by the PNP thus reacted to the shooting in the Coliseum of Puerto Rico. Meanwhile, Juan Dalmau, candidate for the position in La Fortaleza, highlighted the lack of resources

Sunday, December 8, 2019 – 1:49 PM
Updated on: Sunday, December 8, 2019 – 5:26 PM
By ELNUEVODIA.COM
Pedro Pierluisi and Juan Dalmau. (GFR Medium)

After the shooting at the Colosseum in Puerto Rico this morning, aspiring governors highlighted the lack of resources in the Department of Public Security to deal with crime in Puerto Rico and detailed their proposals to address the situation of insecurity.

“We cannot improve the security situation with a policeman with downed arms, demotivated and without the necessary resources,” said Pedro Pierluisi, candidate for governorship by the New Progressive Party, when questioned about the incident that occurred about three hours that the reggaeton Daddy Yankee concert was over.

Pierluisi said that as a campaign commitment he will encourage the return to the Uniformed-part-time of retired police “without losing their benefits.” He added that if it is not achieved before the end of the four-year period, he will take care of giving the police a “dignified withdrawal.”

Police are still investigating the incident in which about 130 bullets were fired at the entrance of the Choliseo and its walls. No injuries were reported during the shooting.

///

Pierluisi propone traer policías retirados para atender la situación criminal en el país

El candidato a la gobernación por el PNP reaccionó así al tiroteo en el Coliseo de Puerto Rico. Mientras, Juan Dalmau, aspirante al puesto en La Fortaleza, resaltó la falta de recursos

domingo, 8 de diciembre de 2019 – 1:49 PM

Actualizado en: domingo, 8 de diciembre de 2019 – 5:26 PM

Por ELNUEVODIA.COM

Pedro Pierluisi y Juan Dalmau. (GFR Media)

Tras el tiroteo en el Coliseo de Puerto Rico esta madrugada, aspirantes a la gobernación destacaron la falta de recursos en el Departamento de Seguridad Pública para atender la criminalidad en Puerto Rico y detallaron sus propuestas para atender la situación de inseguridad.

“No podemos mejorar la situación de la seguridad con una Policía con brazos caídos, desmotivada y sin los recursos necesarios”, dijo Pedro Pierluisi, candidato a la gobernación por el Partido Nuevo Progresista, al cuestionarle sobre el incidente que se produjo a unas tres horas de que se acabara el concierto del reguetonero Daddy Yankee.

Pierluisi adelantó que como compromiso de campaña incentivará el regreso a la Uniformada -a tiempo parcial- de policías retirados “sin perder sus beneficios”. Agregó que si no se logra antes de que finalice el cuatrienio, se ocupará de darle a los policías un “retiro digno”.

La Policía aún investiga el incidente en el que se dispararon unas 130 balas contra cristales de la entrada del Choliseo y sus paredes. No se reportaron heridos durante el tiroteo.

This entry was posted in crime and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: